Thursday 12 March 2015

Brazil *Jul-Aug 2014* by ...vale vale...

I didn’t know where to go this time…I got my vacation slot postponed, so that I couldn’t join my friends for a wedding in Colombia. I set some Skyscanner alerts and once I was pretty sure not to go anywhere too far because of the flight ticket rates, I received a grate flight fare to Rio de Janeiro. The price decreased by € 200. Not bad and it cost ~ € 551.
I can tell you guys that Brazil is in my top 4 list. It was a fantastic trip. Great adventure, great places, great experience and met so many cool people.
I met some friends I did meet in Thailand, I went to a Brazilian wedding, I did scuba diving with dolphins and sharks, I did kite surfing (and an accident happened), I went to one of the remotest places I have ever been to (Atins and the Lençois Maranhenses).
I can tell you that I did travel on a budget, but I didn’t want to miss anything and at the end of the day it was a pretty expensive trip, but…no regrets!!!
The most expensive “expenses” were the internal flights. I didn’t decide my itinerary until a couple of week before my departure, so that it was apparently too late to get cheap flight rates.




Flights: Operated by Alitalia
LIN - FCO - GIG: AZ2109 + AZ0672
GIG – FCO – LIN: AZ0673 + AZ2028


Travel Map:





Mean of Transport: bike + metro + bus + plane (GOL)


Destinations:
Day 00 Departure
Day 01 Arrival Rio
Day 02 – 04 Rio de Janeiro (Ipanema, Copacabana, Leme, Leblon, Tijuca, Cristo Redentor, Sugarloaf Mountain, Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas)
Day 05 Rio de Janeiro – Paraty
Day 06 Paraty
Day 07 Paraty – Sao Paulo
Day 08 Sao Paulo
Day 09 Sao Paulo - Recife
Day 10 Recife – Fernando de Noronha
Day 11 - 13 Fernando de Noronha
Day 14 Fernando de Noronha - Fortaleza
Day 15 Fortaleza - Jericoacoara
Day 16-17 Jericoacoara –Jijioca - Jericoacoara
Day 18 Jericoacoara – Caburé - Atins
Day 19 Atins – Lençois Maranhenses - Atins
Day 20 Atins – Berreirinhas – Sao Luis
Day 21 Sao Luis – Brasilia – Rio - Departure
Day 22 Arrival


Hotels:
Day 01 – 04:  CabanaCopa Hostel
Day 05 – 06: Hostel Bossa Nova Paraty
Day 10 – 13: Pousada Lenda das Aguas
Day 14:  Boozers Hostel
Day 18 – 19: Pousada Irmaos

(Tripadvisor account: TravelersAngelsTips)


Tips:
-          Get your flight booked well in advance
-          Rio:
o   join the free walker tour at least for down town Rio
o   ride a bike along the tourist area and along the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freita
o   sunbath and work out in one of Rio’s best spot
-          Fernando de Noronha: stay for 3-4 days à have a look at the national park fees
-          Fortaleza Airport – city centre: I do not know why but I was absolutely not allowed to get on public transport by either people at the airport nor the hostel manager
-          Do visit Lençois Maranhenses around June - beginning of September
-          From Jericoacoara to Caburé
I went in one of the travel agencies in Jeri and spent 200R for the 4x4 trasnfer Jeri - Caburé + 24R for the boat Caburé- Atins (I share both the 4x4 and the boat with other 2 people).
-          From Atins to Barreirinhas
I paid R50 for the boat from Atins to Barreirinhas and previously R50
-          From Barreirinhas to Sao Luis

Bus to Sao Luis R35. I stopped at the "airport" bus stop, and shared a taxi with other 3 guys to get to the ariport (R5)

No comments:

Post a Comment